Topical issues | Trade Union Pro
Open menu

Topical issues

Remember to use the correct bank reference when paying membership fees to Pro.

Paying membership fees

When paying membership fees, always use the reference of the month for which the wages are paid. This should be done regardless of when the wages are paid to the members. The reference used in payments is important in enabling us to allocate the reports in accordance with the earning time of the wages to the paid money.

If the wages are paid more frequently than once a month (same salary season/month), the same reference is used for all membership payments.

Interruption or termination in paying wages

A member is exempted from paying membership fees whenever the paying of wages is interrupted due to family leave, studying, or unpaid sick leave. A member should report the interruption of wages to the membership register of the union so that the exemption from paying membership fees can be granted.

When the membership fee collection ends, the Pro member will make a collection agreement termination notification with the employer and deliver it to the membership register of the union. This enables the union to know that the employer is not expected to pay and declare any more membership fees.

Termination of business operations

The termination of business operations or change of owners should also be notified to the union. The union is thus informed of a new employer/payer, and the old employer is no longer expected to make membership fee payments.

Company merger and collection of membership fees

If the merger concerns several members, the collection of membership fees can be agreed upon without renewing the collection agreements. The employment conditions are often agreed to continue as they were, and this procedure can also be used for collection. The union should receive information on the members affected by the change. The notification/group authorisation should include names and social security numbers of members, names, addresses and business IDs of previous and new employer, and information of the company’s contact person (payroll administration).